What is your exotic dream dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For an ultimate dive destination, have you considered Fakarava in French Polynesia? It is not as famous as Rangiroa and is quite off the beaten track. No luxury hotels, though! Only family run B&Bs that have a real Polynesian flavor! Real roots country! Beautiful diving in the passages and in the lagoon! It is a UNESCO Biosphere and the has the highest density of flora and fauna for any Polynesian dive destination! Have about 400+ dives from the Philippines and other places and my Fakarava dives are unforgettable: the grey shark wall in the South pass, the huge Napoleon wrasses that graze around the seabed like little cows, mantas, sharks and fish balls galore! Drift dives were awesome in the passes during slack tide then ride back into the lagoon with the in going current!
I though I died and went to diving heaven!

If money isn't a big issue and you are looking to be spoiled absolutely rotten book a trip aboard either the Damaii or Damaii II pretty much anywhere they run in Indonesia. They move around to cover different areas through the year. The price is all inclusive. The service is unsurpassed. My wife especially liked her complimentary massage every afternoon. Maximum of 8 guests on the Damaii, I think Damaii II can take 10. Cabins bigger than my first apartment. One excellent dive guide per buddy team. They book up fast. We have future trips scheduled in 2013 and 2014.

Wow, those Damaii boats look incredible! Another trip on my bucket list, I think.

I realize it's a bit late, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet, you might want to look in to the Maldives as well, especially if you can time it with the manta and whale shark feedings.

Rangiroa and Fakarava for my Lotto dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom