What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guinness is my all time favorite, no doubt about it.
But sometimes when I'm out with a bunch of people in a crappy dirt bar, nothing beats Pabts Blue Ribbon. Its cheap, and tasty.

I have to agree, but i'd (sic) go with Miller High Life. Currently Beer of choice is a local microbrew Double Barrel Ale (Firestone).
OND

to tell the truth about beer......the best one is the one you don't is coming and is just put in your hand

Sierra Nevada is in Chico which is about 3.5 hour drive from me inland and north up in the northern end of the central valley. I think they have other satelite breweries around now to keep up with demand. SN is almost mainstream, I have seen it in almost every Costco and mini mart I've been in.

Just wondering, does a beer that makes it into Costco and 7-11 mean thats it's finally made mainstream?

Maybe we should define "mainstream" as being when it is available via Pennsylvania LCB and it wasn't brewed in PA. :D

Sierra Nevada is in Chico which is about 3.5 hour drive from me inland and north up in the northern end of the central valley. I think they have other satelite breweries around now to keep up with demand. SN is almost mainstream, I have seen it in almost every Costco and mini mart I've been in.

Just wondering, does a beer that makes it into Costco and 7-11 mean thats it's finally made mainstream?

By that criteria Guinness is pretty darned mainstream.

I make my own so my favorite would be -whatever is ready.:D

Sitting here right now, enjoying a Boathouse Brown Ale, by Sebago, a microbrewery up here in Portland, Maine, that happened to be adjacent to the hotel I am staying at this week.

Last night had a couple Geary's IPA. Also quite good.

Just heard about this tavern, specializing in craft beers: The Great Lost Bear : Dining & Drinking

By that criteria Guinness is pretty darned mainstream.

I wasn't going to say anything out of respect for Guinness lovers, but since we've moved into mainstream beer bashing, you're right, Guinness is mainstream and it doesn't do a whole heck of a lot for me.
If I want a black beer I could go to about a half dozen micro craft breweries all within an hour of my house which all have a stout waaaay better that Guinness on it's best day.

Maybe like other imported beers, the beer they send here isn't the same beer they have over there. I never understood why they do this?

If I want a black beer I could go to about a half dozen micro craft breweries all within an hour of my house which all have a stout waaaay better that Guinness on it's best day.

I agree, but then I don't like stouts that much.

Back
Top Bottom