What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

logo.gif

laced_glass.jpg

As long as you leave me the empty bottles to send notes in and build an improvised compressor so we can go dive :p

I think that is a deal that I could readily agree to. Just no stealing my Budweisers after I have had a few too many to where I can't remember how many I had when I the morning rolls around :)

tedtim,

You and I think a lot alike. I subscribe to the following "law of beer".

There is no such thing as a "bad" beer, just some is better than others.
So long as we can call the corn-based crap so many breweries pump out something other than beer, then I'd agree with that.

Personally, I prefer the Reinheitsgebot (German beer purity law) that dictated that beer could only contain water, barley and hops - a surefire way to great beer.

I'm sure that if most beer snobs were stranded on some isolated island and the only beer available was Budweiser they would drink it gladly. If they didn't then I'd drink there share for them.

Strangely enough, I have been faced with such a conundrum - stuck on a small, isolated "island" (technically, it was a peninsula, but I didn't have a car, so it may as well have been in the middle of the Pacific). The only "beer" options, Bud or Bud Lite.

I drank gin and tonic. :beer:

Bryan

Love the local Iron City, brewed with water freshly drawn from the Allegheny river. My surface interval has been way too long this time!:(

attachment.php

Yuengling and a couple from my hometown called Pig Pen Pils and Steelgaarden Wit (whenever I can get back up to Allentown that is)....Iron City gets points as another good 'un. I recently tried Hoegaarden here in Savannah, they served it with a slice of lemon and at first I wasn't crazy about it but it's kind of growing on me. Of course usually I just drink a plain old Corona. It's really only the first few of the night that matter anyway since after about 10 beers or so I can't taste them anyway.....

-Dan

Love the local Iron City, brewed with water freshly drawn from the Allegheny river. My surface interval has been way too long this time!:(

attachment.php

Yep- Iron City is fine, it used to be my beer of choice when living in Portland, OR last year. It was quite popular. I haven't seen it down here in Ca.

...Lately, I tend to lean towards SOL Cerveza... it's quite low in calories.

....Strangely enough, I have been faced with such a conundrum - stuck on a small, isolated "island" (technically, it was a peninsula, but I didn't have a car, so it may as well have been in the middle of the Pacific). The only "beer" options, Bud or Bud Lite.

I drank gin and tonic. :beer:

Bryan
Now that calls for a comparison to horse urine. Gin has to be the most vile stuff to drink, even if it is diluted with tonic water.

Sierra Nevada makes several different brews. The best known one, and arguably my favorite beer, is their pale ale. Even better if you find it on tap.

Pilsner Urquell is definitely worth drinking.

Hacker-Pshcorre (sp?) Munich Lager is good, but I haven't been able to find it in quite awhile.

Same with Paulaner's Munich Lager.

Spaten makes a lager with a dark color but a light/medium body, can't remember the name, that is REALLY good.

Younger's Special Bitter is really nice, as well.

Now, I am going to make all of the beer aficianados spurn me forever.

I truly do not understand how anyone can drink Guiness. I would cheerfully forgo drinking beer if that were all that was available.

I will return to my hole in the ground and humbly accept the scorn and derision now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom