What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So long as we can call the corn-based crap so many breweries pump out something other than beer, then I'd agree with that.

Personally, I prefer the Reinheitsgebot (German beer purity law) that dictated that beer could only contain water, barley and hops - a surefire way to great beer.

The Reinheitsgebot is nice, but it locks out all those wonderful Belgian beers (even if they aren't all brewed in Belgium)...

Lambics -- Raspberry, Cherry, etc...
Bos Kuen, Stil Nacht, -- pretty much anything out of DeDoll brewery
Fresh Guez (not Guez that has been sitting in a shipping container in 90F heat for 2 months)
Trappist Bocks.... Double, Triple, Quads.... yum.

There is a micro brew in south central Wisconsin - New Glarus -- they have a Cherry and Raspberry lambic that could be used as ice cream topping...

The Reinheitsgebot is nice, but it locks out all those wonderful Belgian beers (even if they aren't all brewed in Belgium)...

Lambics -- Raspberry, Cherry, etc...
Bos Kuen, Stil Nacht, -- pretty much anything out of DeDoll brewery
Fresh Guez (not Guez that has been sitting in a shipping container in 90F heat for 2 months)
Trappist Bocks.... Double, Triple, Quads.... yum.

There is a micro brew in south central Wisconsin - New Glarus -- they have a Cherry and Raspberry lambic that could be used as ice cream topping...

I thought we were talking beer, not dessert toppings. :D

Heck a good thread goes to waist.:confused:

I now have one I don't like.:no:

Tsingtao from China.:shakehead:

Red Tail Ale by Mendacino brewing in Saratoga, New York: dark and tasty! I can drink it after a Guiness, but not the reverse! That says a lot for a beer.

I got a sample pack of 6 brews from them, was realy disapointed.

1. Smithwicks
2. Smithwicks
3. any non-Anheiser Bush product in the cooler
4. a ride to the store to buy Smithwicks :D

Sierra Nevada makes several different brews. The best known one, and arguably my favorite beer, is their pale ale. Even better if you find it on tap.

Pilsner Urquell is definitely worth drinking.

Hacker-Pshcorre (sp?) Munich Lager is good, but I haven't been able to find it in quite awhile.

Same with Paulaner's Munich Lager.

Spaten makes a lager with a dark color but a light/medium body, can't remember the name, that is REALLY good.

Younger's Special Bitter is really nice, as well.

Now, I am going to make all of the beer aficianados spurn me forever.

I truly do not understand how anyone can drink Guiness. I would cheerfully forgo drinking beer if that were all that was available.

I will return to my hole in the ground and humbly accept the scorn and derision now.

Based on that, may I recommend Winestephan, they make a great lager as well as a Krystal Weis.

If you haven't tried it, give Smithwicks a taste, it's an ale bewed by Guiness that seems to fit into your tastes...and I consider myself a beer snob and don't like Guiness either so don't feel bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom