What is your all time favorite SB thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure I enjoy the funny threads, probably Close calls in the dressing room is my favorite. But some other threads that I can't recall the exact threads themselves changed my life. These were the ones that convinced me that there was indeed a cure to not being able to control my position in the water, even though I held in my hand a pile of C-cards from PADI. The threads that introduced me to the concepts of DIR and GUE, that lead me to take Primer and then Fundamentals, I will forever be grateful for. If it were not for them, I probably would not still be diving, because it felt unsafe and therefore not very fun.

If you think RJP has funny posts, you should try spending a week on a live-aboard with him. it's a laugh riot.

But, Frank has!

Ditto. And its predecessor, diver song parodies from 2001. Not nearly as long-lived, for technical reasons.

Pete, although we've never met nor dived, over the past ten years this is one thread in which I feel a real connection.

What can I say, I'm an ex-musician with a taste for parody and a keyboard at hand.

Thanks to everyone else for great links, and Merry Christmas!

-Bryan

PS. Almost forgot - the first SB parody thread features a post from the incomparable and unforgettable Warhammer. Google at your own peril!

I've only been here a couple of months, so I'm the NOOB here. The thread I read for hours and hours all the way to the end was the thread something like "Things you've found while underwater." Lots of things both expected and unexpected.

DFB

Last edited:
Great, Pete.
-Bryan (with a "Y") ;-)

PS. Is Warhammer still around? I'm thinking I heard something significant a year or two back, but I'm not sure.

[/derail]

Excellent find, Bryan! I merged them and opened the original. I can't believe I wrote the Ode to the Warhammer...

Great, Pete.
-Bryan (with a "Y") ;-)

PS. Is Warhammer still around? I'm thinking I heard something significant a year or two back, but I'm not sure.

[/derail]

I think he is (was?) from northern Alabama or Miss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom