What is this with 'padi'? Reactivate program????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He didn't take a refresher. I just wanted to make sure it was there in case I needed it. At one point in the past it was not, and we had to straighten it out with the owner of the closed dive shop.

I hasten to add, my own ReActivate was voluntary. My LDS told me they would have honored my 1991 AOW, as I still have the card. Not likely that all dive ops would do so, as stated above.

I'm in Bonaire now, at Buddy Dive. I'm seeing a lot of folks here who would benefit from the Reactivate program, no matter what it is called.

I think the reason for the 'mis'-naming is obvious. For these type of dialogs:

- Do you need to re-activate your cert? (There could be issues otherwise.)
- It's been a while, have you re-actiivated?
- It's not required..., but re-activation is recommended.

Said in the voice of the young shop attendant who asked me "Do you have your Padi"? My reply that my nitrox was with Padi seemed to mute that, and that I knew Padi was not the only dive agency.

Many could use a Review, Refresher, or TuneUp though.

I hasten to add, my own ReActivate was voluntary. My LDS told me they would have honored my 1991 AOW, as I still have the card. Not likely that all dive ops would do so, as stated above.
My ACUC OW card says Jun/1979. never been asked to "re-activate". If I show up at a dive shop with my c-card, and my computer shows a dive within the time period they want, they better not try the re-activate BS on me. Odds are pretty darn good that my 2 semester course at college that led to my certification taught me a lot more than the weekend special from PADI.

Perhaps if you have not been active, it is time to become active again..to reactivate your skills/knowledge.

I think the reason for the 'mis'-naming is obvious. For these type of dialogs:
It's the perfect opportunity for PADI to make a sales pitch.

"What's this? Why do I need to reactivate?"

"Let me tell you! You see, divers who..."

Because PAID wasn't making enough money when they called it a refresher class? Reactivate sounds more required and will get more people to buy in. It is a or profit business and looking for the best profits.

PADI has no idea if you have not looked at your gear in the past 15 years or if you have done 4 dives a day for the past 15 years. How would they know your present level of dive activity?

PADI has no idea if you have not looked at your gear in the past 15 years or if you have done 4 dives a day for the past 15 years. How would they know your present level of dive activity?
So? What is your point?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom