What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thread! This should be a permanent, ongoing thread!

Nothing to match the ones posted so far, just these 3 johnny clams on the King Cruiser wreck near Phuket.

Thomjinx

I will post a pic if I can figure out how....

Well we need more comments to keep it up there on top!! Nice comment on Buoyancy control...........no leaning to the left or right even if have to!!

Happy Diving

:eyebrow: He who Glows in Dark Water :eyebrow:
aka The Kraken!

OK, OK, so I found him on the bottom of a lake!​

My buddies and I were free diving some coral heads on the Great Bahama Bank between Bimini and the wreck of the Sapona and we came across a "Volkswagon Thing". It was out in the middle of nowhere, miles from land. We figured it must have fallen off a barge.

In the early 80's I used to free dive the 2nd reef off Lauderdale by the Sea. We used to comb the reef where the Copenhagen shipwreck is located. We had the reef & wreck memorized pretty well because we would go there so much. A few months ago I returned to the wreck for some macro photography. It was the first time that I had returned to the wreck since the 80's. I stumbled upon a HUGE anchor that looks like a galleon anchor. Now there is nothing really strange about this except I can tell you that this anchor was not there back in the early 80's. It is not every day that an anchor this size just magically appears :) All I can figure is that Broward county must have placed it there to make the wreck more interesting. You can see a picture of it in my profile.

awww...no more... My list is rather dull, found a golf ball I tried to throw at my dive buddy, didn't go as well as I hoped. I was freediving after I got my o/w in Lake Travis at Lakeway city park, found a bike...probably 15-20'

Probably the worst thing we've found was an oldsmobile with a body in the trunk. Turned out the person in the trunk had been missing from Gerogia for like 3 months.

I was snorkeling and had to remove a fiddler crab that was about a cm in size from my fins.

I found an unopened bottle of captain morgan once in the quarry at about 40 feet....left it with the divemaster, dont know if he drank it

How about the most unsual thing that I witnessed being found? On a dive in the Savannah River, my female dive buddy found a bag on the bottom. Upon picking it up the bag fell apart revealing a rather substantial collection of "adult toys" (read assorted replicas of a part of the male anatomy). Observing her reaction was priceless. I can personally attest that the color red (read facial flushing) does not disappear in the water column at depth :) .
PS: she elected not to bring the recovered items to the surface. Wonder what the next diver will think? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom