What is the Number 1# Scuba destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...

PNG
The Solomons
Red Sea
Micronesia

Don't we invade these places???

medic13 once bubbled...
well for me this is the best spot and the cheapest
Best spot NC coast wrecks all the way

It figures. I have always wanted to learn to dive but just got into it a couple of years ago. I was stationed in Cheery Pt, NC from '80-'83 and now I find out the diving there is excellent. We used to be 30minutes from Morehead City. I was down in the Outer Banks last week and was looking into diving in MC, but it was a 3 hour drive and I didn't want to leave the wife and kids for a full day. Next time I'm in the OBX, I'll take the trip.

bm9 once bubbled...
Great Lakes diving
Very warm water, beautiful coral reefs, and excellent viz- J/K

Warm compared to the Artic, I've seen the coral reef remnants in Georgian Bay, not too colorful. The best viz I've had was Tobemory at 60ft., other than that was in the Alpena Wreck preserve at maybe 50ft., the normal viz in Lake Mich is 6-10 ft., Lake Huron has some better, forget Lake Erie and Lake Superior has great viz but never gets very warm, maybe 40F.
Try the South Pacific or PNG for the best.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :D

TIRAN TIRAN TIRAN TIRAN

RED SEA

34 degrees water temp last week Hammerheads Whale Sharks Mantas Oceanic Black tips Silkies

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

ok so its a bit busy

Sydney_Diver:
PNG
The Solomons
Red Sea
Micronesia
415Gem Damn straight mate. Anyone tells you different, you know the`re just plain ignorant. Good Day! :dazzler1:

Perhaps not #1 but perhaps in the in the top ten?:
Spipdan, Malaysia.
Lembath Straits.
Galapagos.
Truk Lagoon
Yap/Palau
Maldives

Also a great Wreck Dive: The SS President Coolidge in Vanuatu

MY #1 Destination will always be the one where I'm about to get in the water and Scuba Dive, regardless of it's geographical location on the planet. I dive everyday in Cuba..so that is currently My #1 Destination.

I’ve got to say the Galapagos. I measure it more by the stuff we ignored than perhaps the things we saw. Where in the Caribbean would you see a turtle swimming through a group of divers while everyone ignores it concentrating on the hammerheads? The dives there were constantly excellent. There was a wide array of smaller fish and creatures on the rocks, but we really spent little time observing and photographing them, the action with the big stuff was too compelling.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom