• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What is the context of your FIN preferences?

Discussion in 'Fins, Masks and Snorkels' started by Doctor Rig, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Steelyeyes

Steelyeyes Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I used to like the original Jet fins but when it came time to replace them the new version had a different foot pocket. I like the OMS slipstream for warm water. For drysuit diving I like the Hollis F1. I think they kick about the same as the slipstreams but are more negative, which I need with 1 lb. ankle weights in the cold water gear. I don't usually do a lot of serious kicking. I'm more of a drift and flick diver. I use a modified frog kick due to limitations in my flexibility. Maybe I should get back to doing yoga. When I do need to push against a current or something like like to have the power available. My choices work for me.

2. Pedro Burrito

Pedro Burrito Moderator Staff Member

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved from Basic

3. Bob Evans

Bob Evans Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Wow, comments that match my thinking,,,IWe also make several other brands for diving skill levels and needs..Like to keep from being piegon hole with one design, the orginail Force Fin 1983. SCUBA – Force Fin Thank you. Bob