What is the best ball point pen on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has there been another pen sighting? I had just given up on getting that thing back.

I prefer roller ball pens to ball point. It has to have a fine tip otherwise my writing becomes blotted and messier than usual. Fountain pens are by far my favorite though. For the novelty factor, nothing beats a quill.

Give the Zebra F-301 a try. It's balanced nicely and has a 0.7mm fine point.
Being a driver, I'm filling out various paperwork all day. I've used them for years and have yet to be disappointed.

Oh my God what a nerdy thread! And yes I read them all. Uni-ball Vision Fine. Water proof, airplane safe, Works on Carbons, even line, writes on most surfaces,

I agree about the Montblanc Meisterstuck fountain pens - they're really nice, but you don't need to drop $100 or so just to use a good pen. Try one of the ones listed at the site below. They write better than any other fountain pen I've ever owned (and I've owned lots of them!) and are only $25 or so at a good pen shop.

(This coming from a guy who writes LOTS of pages of handwritten notes every day. I actually keep two of these handy, just so that I don't have to change cartridges in mid-idea when one runs out. Both of mine are close to 10 years old and show no signs of giving up the ghost. A great value on a great pen!)

http://www.pendemonium.com/pens_lamy.htm

-Grier

For comfort, I have to go with the Sensa pens. Personally, I prefer the gel pen for writing precision, however the ballpoints are nice. The cartridge is the same "space pen" that writes under water, on grease, and in pretty much any situation.

They are pricey, but worth the price if you can get them on clearance.

I've had bad luck with Sensas - the gel piece has broken on two of them. But I do like the Fisher Space Pen cartridges - I use them in the longer version of the Space Pen. It's perfect for filling out those plasticated logbook pages - barely smudges, and always writes on the page.

-G

Back
Top Bottom