Question What is that valve on that tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobulai

Coder Monkey, Dreamer of Transhumanistic Machines
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
while window-shopping on ebay for BA/109s I came across this peculiar listing; it’s a Mark X BA (150), Mk10… relatively known; but there was this tank.. with an A Clamp on it, no not a yoke valve, a clamp, like on a reg
14284853-243C-461A-AC48-A9094FF159DF.png
2A13C2AA-0BA4-4865-B873-9DA275A8CD38.png

What in the world is that, and why?

Also, the mk10 had this wired fitting coming out of an LP port, seems that it goes into the tank.
132495B9-6596-4288-A554-097390505617.png

How would that work even, connecting an LP port to the HP of the tank?

while window-shopping on ebay for BA/109s I came across this peculiar listing; it’s a Mark X BA (150), Mk10… relatively known; but there was this tank.. with an A Clamp on it, no not a yoke valve, a clamp, like on a reg
View attachment 858216View attachment 858215

What in the world is that, and why?

Also, the mk10 had this wired fitting coming out of an LP port, seems that it goes into the tank.View attachment 858217

How would that work even, connecting an LP port to the HP of the tank?
Except for the regulator. I have had all of the items in the photo.

BSAC 88 tables level 1
BSAC/RNPL tables (Used up to 1988)
The small cylinder is used on an AP Valves BC for emergency inflation. It is filled from the main cylinder. The button is a purge button used once the cylinder valves are closed. If you look on their web site you will see they are still sold.
The tap you show on the end of a hose is a BC inflator from AP Valves

This looks typical of a UK diver from about 1990.

Very interesting stuff (still breaking my brain tho) — and the seller is from UK indeed

Thanks

Very interesting stuff (still breaking my brain tho) — and the seller is from UK indeed

Thanks
It comes from the early days of horse collar type BC's, when direct feeds were not common. Fenzy is a good example

It comes from the early days of horse collar type BC's, when direct feeds were not common. Fenzy is a good example

Oh now I can understand how the whole thing comes together… so this would be a dedicated BC tank more or less

Oh now I can understand how the whole thing comes together… so this would be a dedicated BC tank more or less
Yes, normally about 0.4l. That one in the photo looks aluminium while the one on the Fenzy is steel.

A BCD emergency inflate cylinder sounds like a great tool to turn a diver into a surface-seeking guided missle.

weren't they known as suicide bottels or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom