What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always have couple hundred of masks at home since 2002. And at least 5 in my travelling day pack and some more in my checked bag. What have I got to lose?
I do check them after couple of yrs to see if eg. mold or eaten by roach! Replace them as they are dirt cheap anyway.

Singapore has by far the highest vaccination rate than all her neighbours. What is happening?

Singapore has by far the highest vaccination rate than all her neighbours. What is happening?

Highest vaccination rate, but majority of deaths still among unvaccinated and older people, and from the article, big clusters at nursing homes.

How is masking there? It seems like community spread is pretty high. With vaccinations, fewer will end up needing hospitalization, but seems if masking and other mitigation methods were dropped, spread will be rampant.

It shouldn't have happened in nursing home if enough precaution is implemented. It was the case in HK a yr ago but highly unlikely now.
Mask was NOT mandatory in Singapore at the beginning of the outbreak last yr.

HK gov insist on ZERO tolerance(order from the north) and have one of the toughest control especially on anyone arriving aboard. All confirmed cases(all of them are fully vaccinated) are imported except one over last 2 months. But I really cannot see how this virus can be eliminated.

Thailand is going to offer "no quarantine requirement" to five selected countries starting 01st Nov. Wait and see what will happen afterward.
Not sure if this figure is up-date/accurate:
154 of the 41,000 "Phuket Sandbox arrival" have been tested positive. They are ALL fully vaccinated and have PCR test done within 72 hrs prior to their departure to the Kingdom.

F1 GP in two weeks time, that's going to bring in a lot more people.

I traveled to Indonesia through Singapore in July-August. Nothing to talk about. Back to normal AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom