What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What have they been doing to deal with "Wuhan virus"?
447 cases two days ago and over 700 yesterday.

What have they been doing to deal with "Wuhan virus"?
447 cases two days ago and over 700 yesterday.

It's my understanding that there's been a breakout in the expat workers dormatories.

The lockdown started on the 7th April and currently due for reassessment before the 4th May.

Only essential services are open, and no dine in at restaurants only take away. 300 SIN$ fine for not maintaining social distancing.

The company I work for has out main SEAsia office located there and I'm in close contact with them as my HR support is based there.

Everyone who can is working from home, exceptions are warehouse and logistics, we deal with medical bioscience drugs and diagnostics.

There must be reason(s) for this sudden unexpected explosion of infections. The causeway has been closed by Malaysian weeks ago

I believe it was linked to the "labour accommodation" and lack of social distancing once these people returned after work.

An advantage of an authoritative regime is that areas can be easily locked down and isolated to contain contagious diseases.

This has been done in certain areas where I live, and for sure would not be possible in North America or Europe without causing a ruckus. Unfortunately peoples' rights mean nothing when dealing with deadly diseases, but quarantine is the only way to stop the spread.

An advantage of an authoritative regime is that areas can be easily locked down and isolated to contain contagious diseases.
This has been done in certain areas where I live, and for sure would not be possible in North America or Europe without causing a ruckus. Unfortunately peoples' rights mean nothing when dealing with deadly diseases, but quarantine is the only way to stop the spread.
It seems you are not aware of the situation in different countries in Europe where the lockdowns are quite well respected (yes, you can find examples where it not the case but these are at the fringe).
"authoritative regime(s)" have not a more efficient way of finding any solution for any problem. They are just good at making you believe that.

Lock down and treating large number of already infected patients is completely different story!
The patient need treatment as well as isolation form others.
I hope they will not resort to "triage", in this case treat the local first!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom