What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knock yourself out. About 1500 to 3000 die in Australia from the flu per year which makes covid 19 look like a pussy.

how many people die from the common cold in australia - Google Search

I am getting very frustrated by this logic. Maybe that applies in places where people, by nature, live 100km away from each other. But then, your crows kill people.

I live in NYC. Lots of people dying. A lot more than just the flu and its only been a month. Relatively healthy people, too. Mingle all you want.

YES. Those cases outside the dorms is the most worrying. How did that happen?
Any chance that illegal migrants from eg Indonesia or Malaysia came in as carrier?

In HK our expert recommended 2 x 2wks as minimum because of few known cases with over 2 wks of incubation period!

This virus is incredible!
Whrere do I start? LOL. There are a slew of reasons. I think complacency is one reason. Two, the govt is slow to act. Third, govt did not want to piss off China so some of the policies (like don't wear a mask unless you are sick) did not help. Where places like Taiwan and HK took lessons from SARS and started to install preventive measures, they are still sleeping here.

The number outside the dorm is dropping so that is the good news. But I think Singapore will not allow any international travels for a while. T2 at Changi is closed for 18 months.

These people probably do! Pay particular attention to paragraph 2
Covid-19: four fifths of cases are asymptomatic, China figures indicate
I'm no medico, so the question I ask is " how deadly is a virus that produces no symptoms in 80% of the people infected?".

My aplologies, pardon using sarcasim in my previous post.:banghead:

But seriously, "China figures indicate". :rofl3: Should we sudenly now place any faith in 'China figures' given how (un)truthful their government has been on other issues in the not too distant past.

As for the figures you quote from the other link in your more recent post re Oz flue deaths, all very well and good, but........it is a very different story say, in the USA for instance.

I am getting very frustrated by this logic. Maybe that applies in places where people, by nature, live 100km away from each other.

I love it when people give the obvious answer .
Different country= different experiences= different opinions

But then, your crows kill people.

No.....no.... That's "murder of crows " not murderous crows, which is news to me.

I live in NYC. Lots of people dying. A lot more than just the flu and its only been a month. Relatively healthy people, too. Mingle all you want.

I spent all of February in Cambodia mingling with lots of skinny active people including Chinese labourers in Sihanoukville at the time of the Westerdam arrival. The best I could manage was a sore throat and runny nose for 1.5 days......and a bout of food poisoning two weeks later.
YMMV

I spent all of February in Cambodia mingling with lots of skinny active people including Chinese labourers in Sihanoukville at the time of the Westerdam arrival. The best I could manage was a sore throat and runny nose for 1.5 days......and a bout of food poisoning two weeks later.
YMMV
What are you trying to suggest?
It could be anything!

Whrere do I start? LOL. There are a slew of reasons. I think complacency is one reason. Two, the govt is slow to act. Third, govt did not want to piss off China so some of the policies (like don't wear a mask unless you are sick) did not help. Where places like Taiwan and HK took lessons from SARS and started to install preventive measures, they are still sleeping here.

The number outside the dorm is dropping so that is the good news. But I think Singapore will not allow any international travels for a while. T2 at Changi is closed for 18 months.
I am not convinced on the (third)! This was Western approach from which they paid dearly now. china always suggest to wear mask as they learn it from SARS in 2002/03.

Another 1426 cases with 25 of them in the community and 1369 in the dorm!!!
I hope Sin Gov is not using the migrant workers as guinea pig to test "herd immunity"!

Precisely what I said - you do not even recognize science when you see it. All selectively when the source is not Western origin. If you re-read what I wrote - I specifically wrote "western origin science" not western science. It is a toxic form of Euro-centricism where otherwise intelligent minds transform into cretinous minds to imagine things about other non-European cultures - like scooping sh!t from the floor and licking it, or drinking p!ss - like you posted earlier. Whereas the actual cultivation of cow farms and extraction of distilled and purified cow urine has been done in a very scientific manner for medical applications going back centuries. As yet another example - It may be news to you that many forms of elaborate processing in Ayurvedic powders with their formulations written 1000 years back result in the creation of carbon nanotubes - a new "discovery" in modern western origin science and a hot research topic for biomedical applications.

So I that's what I meant - A shorter word for that brand of Euro-Centrism is a BIGOT!

Cow urine distillate as bioenhancer

Lets leave it at that.
I like cow. Just cooked myself a nice steak.

Back
Top Bottom