What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2nd wave is coming to Hong Kong.

Your video is almost a month old..
. Situation in HK is around a 1000 cases with 4 deaths for 7M people with a density of 6000 people /sq meter...you do the statistics and maybe something to learn from this place and Taiwan as well.

Having vitamins in the urine doesn’t guarantee to “boost” your immune system, unless you are vitamin deficient and certainly wouldn’t be helpful with COVID-19. I think what prior post implied was that some people who intake false cures maybe less educated but more importantly maybe under impression that they are protected somehow and are less apt to self quarantine or follow social distancing.

Nobody but the bigoted fake news media is pushing the view that some people actually believe this is a cure for Covid-19. My point is that just like most people would take supplements of their choice based upon their beliefs about how it may boost their general immunity so there are people doing likewise except that it may be cow urine.

I think it was already posted earlier that poor migrant laborers do not have a choice but to live in overcrowded conditions with maybe a dozen people to a room in dorm style accommodation with just a single toilet for dozens. I've seen some older documentaries from HK and SG (add the Gulf countries to the list) that show the abysmal living conditions of people like cooks waiters construction laborers and salon workers etc., compared to the general standards of living for the rest of the population in these countries. It is a reality that has been buried and hushed. Now its a challenge in the times of pandemics especially when one is asymptomatic. One person gets it then everyone gets it.

I hope they don't suffer too much and get out of it fast.

Nobody but the bigoted fake news media is pushing the view that some people actually believe this is a cure for Covid-19. My point is that just like most people would take supplements of their choice based upon their beliefs about how it may boost their general immunity so there are people doing likewise except that it may be cow urine.

I think it was already posted earlier that poor migrant laborers do not have a choice but to live in overcrowded conditions with maybe a dozen people to a room in dorm style accommodation with just a single toilet for dozens. I've seen some older documentaries from HK and SG (add the Gulf countries to the list) that show the abysmal living conditions of people like cooks waiters construction laborers and salon workers etc., compared to the general standards of living for the rest of the population in these countries. It is a reality that has been buried and hushed. Now its a challenge in the times of pandemics especially when one is asymptomatic. One person gets it then everyone gets it.

I hope they don't suffer too much and get out of it fast.
I think these are two separate issues. One is inequality which I agree with. Another is ingesting sh*t and writing it off to believes like it is somehow make it ok. Cow’s urine is cow’s urine. Humans’ urine contains tons of vitamins. As the matter of fact people who take a lot of water soluble vitamins end up urinating most of them out. Containing vitamins and minerals does not mean it is good for you or anybody else to ingest the product (urine in this case) that contains it. I am so tired of hearing people (many are well educated) defending remedies that not only not helpful but could be harmful. Cow’s manure contains tons of fiber, fiber is great for everybody and decreases risk of several cancers. It does not mean that eating cow sh*t is good for you. How about shark cartilage ? Is it ok to eat cartilage soup because of someone’s ethnicity and believes?

I think these are two separate issues. One is inequality which I agree with. Another is ingesting sh*t and writing it off to believes like it is somehow make it ok. Cow’s urine is cow’s urine. Humans’ urine contains tons of vitamins. As the matter of fact people who take a lot of water soluble vitamins end up urinating most of them out. Containing vitamins and minerals does not mean it is good for you or anybody else to ingest the product (urine in this case) that contains it. I am so tired of hearing people (many are well educated) defending remedies that not only not helpful but could be harmful. Cow’s manure contains tons of fiber, fiber is great for everybody and decreases risk of several cancers. It does not mean that eating cow sh*t is good for you. How about shark cartilage ? Is it ok to eat cartilage soup because of someone’s ethnicity and believes?

Blinded by Bigotry that only Western origin science has anything worthwhile to offer... I am not going to be your educator or teacher about who taught whom the basics. No more comments from me.

Blinded by Bigotry that only Western origin science has anything worthwhile to offer... I am not going to be your educator or teacher about who taught whom the basics. No more comments from me.
Bigotry??? This is ridiculous. There is no western or eastern science. There is science. Science of diving, physics, mathematics, medicine, pharmacology... There are studies that are done with several arms, randomization and other techniques to make sure that the results are valid. The studies work just as well out East and out West and anywhere in between. They can help to sort out a lot of superstitions, regardless of where they originated. Furthermore, I take an offense to your comments. No body is out there to get you. No one is calling you names. No one is here waging a war on East. No one is here being a bigot.
Good luck and stay healthy.

Let’s keep that promise

Blinded by bigotry? Pffft... SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE!!!

lighten' up, kids. no one knows sht about this pandemic.

I am at ground zero.

Migrant workers in the dorms constitues most of the infected cases nowadays. But this can be ring-fenced by the govt so I think it is ok. Even though the number is high, but it is within contained environment.

The number that the govt is really worried about is the unlinked cases outside of the dorms. This number is still in the double digits. This is the real issue. If this number does not go down, then the circuit break (as the govt call it instead of a lockdown) will get extended.

Mickey D's just shut down their entire operation and all of their outlets in Singapore because of virus infections amongst its staff in few outlets. Now BK is under heavy pressure because of increase in demand. Burger King urges S'poreans to be patient with deliveries due to 'recent increase in orders'

This the end of the 2nd week of the circuit breaker and it will end on May 4th, provided it does not get extended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom