What is Acapulco diving like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi .... saw your info about Acapulco diving. Do you know of a dive operator that actually takes the divers out of the bay where supposedly the diving is much better and the clarity of the water better? The resort where we will be staying recommends the Swiss Divers Company? Heard of them? Any other info about scuba in Acapulco you can share. Thanks....

I forget who the dive operator was I dove with, think it was think it was Acapulco eco divers or something. Well anyways it was my first dive trip after being certified, I don't remember them asking to see my C-card, my first dive was an afternoon dive while going out to the divesite in the bay, lessons were being given in Spanish to a group of people doing a discover scuba class. The max depth was about 20 feet, and the water was warm, just dove in my swimsuit in December. I had asked if there were any other dives, and they said they would be going to a shipwreck in the morning at 9am I get there at about 15 after 9 in the morning, and the diveboat is leaving with 3 people on board (go figure they left on time, that is a first for me), they put me on another boat I could see the divers getting in the water and the person with me didn't have any dive gear, the guy on the boat just said, follow there bubbles down. The boat driver revved up his engine a few times to let him know someone else was on there way down. I caught up with the other divers, and they were surprised to see an extra person. The water wasn't that cold in my swimsuit, and the wreck is just the hull of a boat that exploded in the 1940's after reading when I came back to the states, I found out the ship is very unsafe to dive. The next day I made it on time and we dove down to an arch way about 120 feet down, that was an interesting swimthru. On the way down the water was fine until about 90 feet, and then we hit a thermocline, holy jesus, was that freakin' cold in a swimsuit! Over all not a lot of fish, the vis varied from 10 feet to 50 feet warm water for the most part, if you plan on a large part of your vacation diving, I would look elsewhere.

Just don`t go to Acapulco, diving there is not worth, in fact nothing is worth there but taking a taxi at sunset to see the "clavadistas" (divers) at La quebrada. All there knew better times. No life, no visibility, lots of garbage scattered on the bottom. Amazingly there`s a very good dive shop there: Swiss Divers, very kind and professional, I said them they should move to another place...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom