What is a legit logged dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually dive the pool to test gear, so if there is something of note with the gear, I log it.

Mine works the same way, I just had that happen this past week. We started, called it due to a gauge mis-understanding then continued. Computer kept it as ONE dive. The "profile" looks like it didn't allow the surface time, and just resumed where I left off time wise.

I read in another thread about a dude that would purposely take a break or two during ONE dive to actually COUNT it as TWO dives...pretty pathetic!

It's not a race, a game, or a "he who dies with the most logged dives wins" competition!

jpsexton:
I let the computer do the logging and then I'll fill out the book later. Also on my computer if you come to the surface for a short amount of time and go back down it just continues it as the same dive. I think you have to be on the surface for several minutes before it logs another dive.

My .02...logged a 6 min dive in open water to max 13 feet. It was January in the Atlantic out of Brooklyn, NYC. water temp 40 F. My first dive w/ my own dry suit, couldn't vent the air, spent the entire time upside down, holding on to the anchor line so I didn't float to the surface. Made more notes in the log than some 60+ fsw dives in the Caribbean. Never "logged" a pool dive, but have made notes so I could use the information when needed, therefore, my computer shows more dives than my log book. Would absolutely log a Disney Quest or similar experience.

P.S. Only wrote this to increase my post count...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom