What is a good Gas (Nitrox) Analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
SB,

I am in the market to purchase my first O² Analyzer; are there any suggestions? I have been looking at the Analox O2EII Nitrox Analyzer.

Greatly appreciate the suggestions. :glad:

~Michael~

I recently bought the MaxTec one. I love how it works. It´s got auto calibration (you need an air tank of course). From Piranha Mfg, I got it for a VERY reasonable price (almost 100 dollars cheaper than most other places).

That's the one I use. The reason I like it is because it's only one piece. Not tubes, extra parts, flow restricters, or whatever to connect up. Just pull out the unit and I'm good to go. I really like the 1 piece designs. They works really well on boats.

I am a big fan of Analox products and they work well. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.I looked at the MaxTec, but decided upon the Analox O2EII Nitrox Analyzer. Thru Leisure Pro I bought a kit which contained the analyzer, an oxygen saver cap, a Peligan case and what really tipped the scales for me was the really cool looking NITROX decal...ha ha ha

Analyzer.jpg

I also needed some other stuff which they had and I should be able to receive everything here in Kuwait before my next trip at the end of the month.

This was one of those purchases that you just feel good about when you hit the "SUBMIT" button. :jumping:

~ME~

I'm a big fan of Analox too! It's the one I use too! You can really get good life out of the sensor by using their sensor saver cap too!!

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

Think hard about whether you need your own analyzer. I thought it would be cool to have my own, but I regret buying one. It was a waste of money. I found that anywhere that I needed an analyzer, one was provided for me. Make sure you understand what you are buying and the maintenance requirements and ongoing cost for sensor replacement. The sensor lasts only two years whether you are actively using the device or not. I made the mistake of buying a maxtec handi that I thought had a replaceable sensor, but the handi is actually a disposable analyzer. When the sensor dies you are expected to throw it away. Unfortunately I paid over $300 for this device that I got to use on 50 nitrox dives and then throw away. I'd say to get the most out of an analyzer over the long haul you want to make sure the device has a battery you can replace and a sensor that you can replace. The handi had neither.

I bought the Oxycheq Expedition analyzer, the main reason was at the time I purchased it the replacement sensor for it was much cheaper than the Analox sensor. I don't know if this is still the case.

I've seen and used the Analox on dive boats in Palau, Yap, and Chuuk.....they get used a lot at these places. That's probably as good of an endorsement as any for the durability of the Analox.

-Mitch

I actually did exactly what JeffW suggested. I was about to plunk down some $$ for the Analox. But then i realized that every tank fill i get......that every dive shop i would use.....will have an analyzer and i can check it before i roll out the door. If a shop doesn't have an analyzer.....i probably should not be using that shop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom