What is a good dive computer????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaman!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a dive computer. I want something that will be good for recreational diving but will also be good for night diving, deep diving, and wreck diving for the future. I also want one that has a transmitter on my tank. Any info will help and thank you.

Also for a dive knife should i get a titanium knife????

Titanium is a great material but size doesn't matter. You don't need a giant rambo knife.

As for computers, The Aeris T3 is a great computer from what I've heard and read without being too complicated. I have the Elite (T3 grandchild) and love it. If budget isn't an issue, Suunto makes outstanding computers. I just couldn't afford the D9. You'll find a lot of opinions vary.

I'd also recommend going to the computer/gauges section and post this question. Additionally, google search for reviews. Better yet, here ya go:

user reviews hoseless dive computers - Google Search

I have heard good things about suunto but i have also heard that they lose transmission with the transmitter. Then you need to go to the surface to sync it.

Is it a good idea to buy a dive computer from Leisure Pro???

I have heard good things about suunto but i have also heard that they lose transmission with the transmitter. Then you need to go to the surface to sync it.

Is it a good idea to buy a dive computer from Leisure Pro???

Sure!! However, once you decide to buy, go to the manufacturer's website or call them to confirm LP is an authorized dealer and thus, warranty is honored.

Sure!! However, once you decide to buy, go to the manufacturer's website or call them to confirm LP is an authorized dealer and thus, warranty is honored.

Check out Scubatoys.com. They'll pricematch and also give you 10% off if you mention that you're a Scubaboard member.

No we did not get it yet. Just borrowed it for a couple Dives. She really liked it though looks like it may be a puchase coming up in Next couple of weeks before the special ends

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom