Suggestion What I Most Dislike About Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
E

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I wish Scubaboard give us divers who pay a little dough more time with their post on line than those who pay nothing and bury your post in a few minutes or so . Cough up some dough all you cheapos if you do not like what I say !! And have a nice day Rumdumb

Scubaboard supporters and sponsers have more knowledge and facts to share so a perk is wise to keep their post viable for a longer time .
May I suggest to go red you all and stop being a freeloader here !!
Direct financial support is not the only way to contribute to a forum site. You also need the members that, voluntarily and without pay, provide the content that makes the site worth visiting in the first place.

Edit to add: These are the people your policy would discourage.

I wish Scubaboard give us divers who pay a little dough more time with their post on line than those who pay nothing and bury your post in a few minutes or so . Cough up some dough all you cheapos if you do not like what I say !! And have a nice day Rumdumb
I think maybe a reaction score > 1000 might warrant more time for one's posts, not a red bar.

I think maybe a reaction score > 1000 might warrant more time for one's posts, not a red bar.
I think reaction score/messages tells you more than the raw number of reactions. Anything approaching 1 tells you the poster either consciously tries to be useful or is a heck of a story teller.

Finish your 500ftm scooter with pictures and data and everyone will be rushing to read your ****

The people with the really big reaction scores are the regular members of the Pub, where they regularly engage in political banter that has absolutely nothing to do with scuba. If you pull down the member tab to see the names with the highest reaction scores, you will see that every one of them is a regular of the Pub. For about 90% of them, it is very unusual for them to post in any of the threads pertaining to scuba. I sometimes wonder if some of them actually dive.

I have ventured into that realm occasionally, after which I slap myself soundly on the face and return to the world of scuba.

Says the man with 31k reaction score?
The most prolific Pub user has about 10 times that many. If you get down to around the 15th most prolific pub member, you find people with only twice as many as mine. I have a relative handful of likes from that area, too, but mine are nearly all from scuba areas, and they are mostly the result of having been a member for 20 years.

Someone wrote earlier about earlier versions of ScubaBoard not having likes, but the different versions used over the year mostly had some sort of system that did transfer over to some degree with each change. I probably lost a few thousand in those changes, but I kept most of them.

Someone wrote earlier about earlier versions of ScubaBoard not having likes, but the different versions used over the year mostly had some sort of system that did transfer over to some degree with each change. I probably lost a few thousand in those changes, but I kept most of them.
I first posted in 2006 they didn't have likes yet. I took a few years off from both diving and posting after my son was born in 2008. The likes were here when I came back.

FWIW, I've never been a Pub member.

I don’t pay to sponsor the site. I do go to the site almost on a daily basis and read the new posts. I look forward to getting some good advice or a good laugh. When I can I try to provide information that can be helpful. I am assuming this is the main purpose of the site. For those trying to sell either gear, service, or something else I can see where they would like their post to stay hi in the posting list.

For those trying to sell either gear, service, or something else I can see where they would like their post to stay hi in the posting list.
For those trying to sell stuff, one observed strategy is to drop the price now and then. That keeps the post at the top and increasingly attractive.

Back
Top Bottom