"What I Did On My Saturday Vacation" by ClayJar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a great story for sure, and I laughed and cried as I have had trailer tires blow on the way to a dive trip as well - in fact on my way to Vortex, Morrison and Cypress - Mr Murphy raised his ugly head everywhere but in the water, and thats a good thing

and what is it with women and SAC rates?? is there something in the female physiology that requires less air? can they breathe water? Why do we need double hundreds when they can use a single 63 and still we call the dive as WE are low on air??

well my Saturday was a cancelled trip due to weather; so yours was both more adventurous and wet than mine - this Sunday PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST hooo ahhh!!!

ClayJar,
Greatest. Story. Ever.
You should consider writing children's stories about misfortunate events!
"now, kids the moral of the story is ..."

Glad you got to dive after going through all that!

Clay I love your writing style... You make me smile! Though I wonder why the womenfolk in your group didn't make you change both tires at the 1st Wally World.
LOL

We almost had to clock in and mount the new tire ourselves. I was just about to go inside to buy what I'd need to do just that (mounting the tire, that is, not clocking in). We really did basically shame them into doing what little they did.

There was no chance we'd get out of there before lunch if we pressed for two tires, especially since we'd have to have them done one at a time, as they wouldn't touch the trailer and we only had one jack. If we'd been to the second Walmart first, we would *certainly* have had both tires changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom