what have you forgot to pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to forget anything on a dive trip, usually have more than I use during the trip. We went to Vegas a few weeks ago and after 2 back to back dive trips in Nov & Dec you would think I was a pro at packing. I forgot my eyeglasses! I just threw stuff together at the last minute and wasn't used to only having one bag to carry. I mostly wear them before and after sleeping but still it would have been nice to have them. I'll be making a list next time so I don't leave anything important behind!

I've forgotten about anything you CAN forget on local dives.

For out-of-town trips, I've forgotten my mask (dove my spare, which I somehow remembered, for a week, and hated every minute of it because the thing leaks. It was the springboard to replace it). I've forgotten my analyzer, which is not good because the fill stations in Mexico don't have them. I've forgotten yoke adapters for our regs, which was a problem because you simply can't find them on Maui, nor can you find DIN tanks. And on this last Hawaii trip, I forgot our dive flag, which is required by law.

I forgot my C-cards on a trip to Southern CA. Could have been bad since I needed to rent gear and get on a dive boat. Lucky for me my sons are not so flaky and I borrowed on of theirs.

Funny thing though, the guys at Sport Chalet rejected the first card I showed them because it was TDI and not on their approved list. However, they were very happy with the PADI O/W card, even though neither the name nor the picture matched. Go figure.

I'm a list maker....

Attachments

• packinglist.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 103
This list I fold in half, laminate, and hole punch. I give it to my OW students to put into their logbooks. Hold the page place, provide some useful information.

Attachments

• Logbook Insert.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 93
I was planning to dive at my local quarry with a very eager brand new diver. I was a bit rushed in the morning, 'cause I got off work late, so I packed my car very quickly (a little too quickly!).

Was unpacking my car at the dive site, when I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. Yup, I had forgotten my drysuit underwear, all the wicking layers I wear underneath my drysuit underwear, my warm socks, and my towel. Crap. And this diver would've been incredibly disappointed had I been unable to make the dive.

Thankfully, I was able to borrow a set of drysuit underwear that was only about 2 sizes too large :D and made do with my thin cotton socks...

My trim was off a bit, and my fins didn't quite fit right, though :cool2:

I have not forgotten anything on a dive trip out of town but I did forget my bc after driving an hour to get to the local quarry.

:rofl3: I did that only I live in northern NJ and we were already in Maryland on our way to NC and Florida. I was thinking of renting a BC but I use an Air2 so I wouldn't have a second, not to mention the inflator hose size difference. So we drove back losing about 6 hours.

I had actually forgotten that until I saw your post.:wink:

A biggie I forgot was the usb cord for my camera to my laptop on a liveaboard in Thailand. Luckily, someone had an extra one that fit my camera.

I do use a list. For the BC, I checked it off even though I had left it hanging in my closet. I should have taken it out.

If I forget anything it immediately becomes my wife's fault. She's my dive buddy, official packer and sherpa guide.:D She hasn't forgotten anything yet. Good thing she doesn't visit this board or I'd have a few more responsibilities.

Last edited:
The weight pouches for my BCD have stayed home more than once.

I didn't leave it at home but I left my drysuit at the cottage where we were staying on vacation. It was a good 20 minute trip from the dock back to the cottage. Thank goodness one of the crew let me use one of his extra wetsuits.

Lesson learned - NEVER deviate from your routine. I left it because I packed my gear differently that particular day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom