What happened to the Mk11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My buddy was researching regs to make a purchase at a price point similar to mine and I mentioned that I had settled on a Mk11; he went to Scubapro's website the other day to look at the spec sheet and it was gone! I thought they just introduced the 2013 model paired with the C300. Did Scubapro decide to axe this reg? We could only see the Mk17 and the Mk2...

---------- Post added March 12th, 2013 at 09:00 AM ----------

I cleared my cache and tried again...looks like it's back, but with the R195 as a second. The C2/300 looks to be gone. Anybody have any insight as to the differences in second stages?

Leisurepro is selling a MK-11 with a C200 second (which I think is being discontinued) for $249.00, which is not a bad price.

I know it's available from Leisurepro, et al.; my LDS also has a few on the shelf. I was just surprised to see the combo gone from their website, as I was under the impression that the C2/C300 was a better second stage than the R195.

The advantage of the 195 is that the hose can feed from either side which helps sidemount divers. My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the C200/C300 was designed for European divers that prefer a unbalanced barrel poppet second stage. Sort of like an updated G200 or M-50. It should have been no surprise that it failed to sell well in the US because US divers prefer balanced designs.

From my understanding the C200/300 is a better breather than the down-stream designs 108/190/290/295/390/395/195 but it is not as good as a S555/S600 or a G250/260. The C200 octo still shows up in Scubapro's UK website.

Thanks for the info, that was just what I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom