What happened to Deep Blu Cosmiq?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveAlberta

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know if Deep Blue or the Cosmiq dive computer is still around? Seems like there website is down and social media has been non-existent for quite some time now.

Anyone know if Deep Blue or the Cosmiq dive computer is still around? Seems like there website is down and social media has been non-existent for quite some time now.
Looks like there were not enough users willing to pay.

Looks like there were not enough users willing to pay.

Is the company still around? Are Cosmiq computers still being sold? Their main website is down so I suspect not.

They went out of business. My Cosmiq died a while ago, it took some persuasion to get mine replaced. My confidence is shaken - I’m saving up for a Tern TX.

For now, my DeepBlu is on backup status. Renting out a computer from my LDS.

And yet Diversupply continues to sell them. No discount either.
And no support either. The app was key to its function, but if you have an Android phone(and developer mode is enabled or side loading apps is allowed) or a Linux install, Subsurface can interact with it. The Play Store won’t let newer Android devices download it though - hence why you need to grab the .apk and sideload it. The Windows and Mac versions don’t play nice with how DeepBlu implemented Bluetooth LE, I had the most success with a Galaxy S10e I had laying around.

Back
Top Bottom