What happened? 317 people die...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah ... the guy was the son of the doctor but the doctor wasn't his father.....yeah,yeah that's it.

i was about to say the answer,but i've seen it before, my college professor gave it to us a spot quiz once...i don't think it's something everyone is going to get...

mossym:
i was about to say the answer,but i've seen it before, my college professor gave it to us a spot quiz once...i don't think it's something everyone is going to get...

Yeah. I agree 100%. Even after I found out the answer it took me a while to figure out the solution..... It's a real brain-math-twister!. The "rocket scientists" I work with even have problems with it. We've got it up on the whiteboard in the lab for people to solve.

You're in Sunnyvale? I used to work out there a several years ago!.

-Mike

yeah work as an electronic engineer, which is how i saw this first, it's a few years since i finished college, but this brought back memories...

Ok...this has been bugging me all day...the more so because I'm not hugely mathematically inclined.

They're all the number 16, right?

In base 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3....

which mean the one missing is 1 0000?

Ali

Anyone else want to take a try?

What's the next logical number in the below sequence? (yes there is an answer).

____ <---- Next number?

We've excluded these number off the list already: 122, 130, 141, 142,144

Anyone? anyone? Bueller?, Bueller? :)

mike_s:
Anyone else want to take a try?

We've excluded these number off the list already: 122, 130, 141, 142,144

Anyone? anyone? Bueller?, Bueller? :)

Think we cross-posted...you haven't excluded my answer...is it wrong? Or am I invisible?

If I am wrong, I have no idea what the answer is

Ali

alieight:
Ok...this has been bugging me all day...the more so because I'm not hugely mathematically inclined.

They're all the number 16, right?

In base 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3....

which mean the one missing is 1 0000?

Ali

yup. We must have cross posted each other.

We got a WINNER!!!! 10000 is the next number!!!!!

youre note of "They're all the number 16" is correct.
If someone didn't get it, I was going to put the "hint" up that they "were all the same number" and see if that helped.

It's still a tough one though, especially if you think in the same integer base. It kicked my butt for a long time.

cool.

who's got the next one to solve? (good job BTW!)

-mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom