What glue to use for magnifier lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi I have the glass magnifier lenses and the glue used from the manufacture keeps failing. Any suggestions on what glue to use? I live in Florida and I think it is the heat on the boat that makes the glue fail.
Thanks

When I got tired of having the lens wash off I started using silicone sealer just make sure you get it in the right spot first because it’s permanent.

I just gave up on those and got a mask with magnifiers permanently installed. I worked at a dive store and never met anyone who was able to install them successfully with the manufacturers’ glue. Lex is right-use silicone sealer.

Hi I have the glass magnifier lenses
This is what I use & it's crystal clear and holds great. You can see in this picture the tiny glass circle lens. Like everything in life,,,pre-preparation cleaning is the key to survival. Make sure the flat side goes against the lens on the inside.

Mask_glue4glass_magnify.jpg

When I got tired of having the lens wash off I started using silicone sealer just make sure you get it in the right spot first because it’s permanent.
Did you apply the silicone to the entire lens, or just the edges or corners?

This is what I use & it's crystal clear and holds great. You can see in this picture the tiny glass circle lens. Like everything in life,,,pre-preparation cleaning is the key to survival. Make sure the flat side goes against the lens on the inside.

@Jake 10 ,,,,I think you were asking me a similar question about application

For the Loctite Glass Glue I use 2 drops and pressed down on the glass circle hard to squeeze out any air bubbles. I then used ~6 wooden toothpicks to smooth and remove any excess glue around the edge of the circle. Since it's just a gauge reader glass, it sits quietly on the bottom of the mask lens and doesn't interfere or block any of my vision when I'm scanning side to side (I'm a bug hunter). When I check my gauges, I just keep my head level and look downwards with my eye to perfectly & easily read my gauge (pro plus 2).

The entire add on lens is how I do it, thin coat spread evenly, cut off and excess after it cures…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom