What exactly is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdvr68

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone direct me to a website that fully explains what DIR is and where you can get training?

After reading the sticky I feel that everyone should eventually take the DIR fundametals course. Anything that will help you become a safer diver and dive with less stress has to be extremely beneficial for all types of diving.

After reading the sticky I feel that everyone should eventually take the DIR fundametals course. Anything that will help you become a safer diver and dive with less stress has to be extremely beneficial for all types of diving.

Most people that have taken the class would probably agree with you. However, a lot of people get turned off by the outspoken nature of some of the proponents or take offense to the implication that anything else is "doing it wrong."

You would think so wouldn't you. Yet...................

Most people that have taken the class would probably agree with you. However, a lot of people get turned off by the outspoken nature of some of the proponents or take offense to the implication that anything else is "doing it wrong."

Their loss.

I just did a quick search for DIR courses in florida and found a dive shop called extreme exposure I read the standards that they had posted which echoed everything that GUE has set for standards, also there are some pretty good videos on youtube (of course everyone here knows that already). It seemed to me that the divers looked nice and relaxed, and their gear configuration seemed suitable for all types of diving. I plan on taking the course this year, after I finish with the DM course.
In my opinion this DIR is definitely a "higher standard of diving" for lack of a better phrase. However it is clearly beneficial in the long run. It makes me say "hey I want to dive like these folks and with them"

EE's owner is also the founder of GUE. So, probably a safe place to start sinc eit is close.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom