What else do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I think the Evo boots are lovely, but they are very large around the foot and require a pretty big foot pocket in the fin. They are also rather expensive.

Right now, I've got a Fusion, and in my third iteration of footgear for it, I'm using Chuck Taylor high tops I bought at the local Target equivalent. I tried the Evos, but they were too big; I tried wetsuit booties, but they rolled on my feet in uneven ground. The good news is that the CTs are cheap!

Have a look at Mountain Equipment Co-op - there is a location in Halifax (or Darmouth - can't remember which). I have a Nexus and the full MK2 set and have been fine, with the addion of a ight weight "base" layer.

My son has a Whites Catalyst and wears only a few layers of MEC stuff - light weight base layer, "Expedition wear" layer, and some fleece mid-wear if needed. We've been tempted many times to take a photo of him getting out of his drysuit - unlike the rest of us who have to change out of our "undies", when he wears his stuff he is ready to go in "street "clothes!

Yes, Chuck Taylor high tops are high topped canvas tennis shoes. I've been using a pair for diving wet for a couple of years, so that I could use my regular Jets. Now I'm using a larger pair for the dry suit. They work fine, and stand up amazingly well to salt water immersion.

yes, i agree with ron frank on this, but in order to take out course we need to supply our own masks, snorkles, fins and boots. i have the nexus drysuit with built in socks i guess you would call them, so i was wondering my choices for boots and what most people using drysuits use for boots.

One reason I suggested waiting on some of this is that divers like different STUFF! Some may like soft boots, some hard, some may want to dip the foot of their drysuit sock.

I wear my hunting UW if I need extra thermo protection up top. It's polartech or some such nonsense, so thin, and wicks away moisture.

My real point is that you really won't know what you like for another 20 dives or so. With luck you bought well, but more likely you will buy some stuff twice.

i am in cape breton canada and it is usually cold diving so i was highly talked into a drysuit. i have my open back fins, mask,snorkel, intergrated weight bc, and my regs and gagues. i just purchaced a whites nexus 3 drysuit. can anyone recomend boots (i was thinking evo3) gloves, hood and undergarments?
One additional option, to the Evo3 and to using Converse high top sneakers (which are quite possibly the least expensive - at $40 US - and most effective solution), would be the DUI Rockboots. They are less expensive than the Evo3s, you can get them from ScubaToys for about $100 US.
p.s. do everyone buy diving undergarmets? or wear something else
Most people use a drysuit undergarment AND some additional form of thermal underwear for protection, at least in very cold water. I have a Diving Concepts suit, and use a DCI undergarment. Under that, I wear - depending on the water temperature - light, mid or heavy-weight capilene underwear I get from REI - NOT cotton, but a synthetic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom