what does an unadjusted IP symptoms be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's .2 bar, about 3 PSI? Don't worry about it, it's likely your gauge isn't that accurate to begin with, unless you have an expensive one. Go on a couple of dives and see if it drops a little as the seat/orifice get mated a little more completely.

Does this thing have kind of a spherical seat? Something that's supposed to behave ideally for air flow around the seat/orifice and also be very resistant to wear?

What's .2 bar, about 3 PSI? Don't worry about it, it's likely your gauge isn't that accurate to begin with, unless you have an expensive one. Go on a couple of dives and see if it drops a little as the seat/orifice get mated a little more completely.

Does this thing have kind of a spherical seat? Something that's supposed to behave ideally for air flow around the seat/orifice and also be very resistant to wear?

yep, I guess it is the guage not very well calibrated and no, after some dives it is still the same...
about the second question, I think I need to have some training on reg servicing, I am not sure I understand your Q... what is a seat?

I can't recall what regulator exactly you have. If I remember correctly it was a Mares? The seat is a mating surface to either the knife edge on the piston or in a diaphragm type a sometimes removable crown. Think of it like a normal, everyday water hose nozzle that allows water to pass, excpet in the case of a regulator it is of course compressed air. If these two surfaces do not wear in evenly together there will be leakage problems that cause the IP to rise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom