What do you wear.....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Skins usually(easier donning wetsuit IMO)----------but nuttin' @ all could/would work..:)

I have an assortment of wetsuits designed to layer to get what I need for a particular situation including a 5mm hooded vest, 5mm full, 3mm short and 2mm full. Apr (and Aug below 40 ft :) ) in the quarry I'll wear the 2mm with the hooded vest over it and the 5mm on top and I hang with the dry-suiters. The key is that they are tight enough that you don't have a constant flow of water through the suits while not restricting you blood flow.

Under it I wear a pair of trunks (as noted earlier it's more about the fact that you are usualy changing from your wetsuit in a public place than anything else) and if I'm doing multiple dives especialy in saltwater in a day I'll wear a rashguard.

I am looking at the Akona 5 mm 5x since due to my size.

My Akona 5mm seems to work best with nothing more than a swim suit under it. Skins tend to make the semi-dry seals around the wrists leak.

UnderArmor or Nike lycra shorts. Go for a speedo if you want to achieve the Euro look around the dive boat.

I'm under the impression that the wetsuit works better if it's next to your skin, so I only wear my dive skin under one if it's a rental, and I don't really want it touching me.

With my own wetsuit, I wear a pair of rash shorts (thin Lycra type shorts) and a sports bra/swimsuit type top. Those are just so that I can don and doff the wetsuit on a public dive boat without being nekkid, yet without putting much "other" fabric between me and the suit.

B.

On behalf of female divers, just say NO to the speedo. :no:

haha it's very normal to wear speedos here. Not the european models though, it looks more like what MMA fighters wear.

I think they're a lot more comfortable than wearing trunks underneath the wetsuit (and you don't have to deal with the problems of going COMMANDO :D )

Buy a Scubapro Everflex, they come in various thickness and temp ratings. They are lined with plush on this inside for total comfort. Sleeves and ankles have long dry seals and retain temp very well. I don't think there is a better suite at this point in time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom