What do you wear.....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to the idea of wearing a wet suit. As a matter of fact the only time I wore one was in the 80's and it was just a jacket with a beaver tail. Since then all diving has been done in swim suits. But since I am investing in a wet suit the question has risen as to what you wear under it? As I said I have been using a regular swim suit, but it is the kind that is loose fitting and comes down to my knee's. So I am looking for opinions on what you wear under yours or even if it is nec. to wear anything at all.:idk: All suggestions and opinions are welcome.

I wear some Under Armor compression shorts. Sometimes a rash guard. That's it. I would just wear nothing, but that always makes changing in the parking lot or on the boat a lot more interesting :D

I wear a dive skin under my wetsuit. It makes getting it on and off MUCH easier especially if the wetsuit is wet. In theory it adds a layer of insulation as well but I do not expect that makes a big difference.

The suit design and material makes all the difference in how it goes on. My 6 year old Akona 7mm and 4 yeard old Bare 5mm are both aided by the skin. To the OP.....ask the LDS if a skin would or would not help. Maybe try it out if they will allow it. No need to buy something to take up closet space. Obviously everybody's mileage will vary.

To the OP, what kind of wetsuit are you wearing or thinking about buying?

I am looking at the Akona 5 mm 5x since due to my size.

The suit design and material makes all the difference in how it goes on. My 6 year old Akona 7mm and 4 yeard old Bare 5mm are both aided by the skin. To the OP.....ask the LDS if a skin would or would not help. Maybe try it out if they will allow it. No need to buy something to take up closet space. Obviously everybody's mileage will vary.

I am not sure that I will be able to bye a skin as I am already to the limit of what the wet suit allows without going custom (and a custom price). But I will check with the LDS and see what they can recommend.

A skin is super stretchy and very thin so it will not impact your suit size.

Back
Top Bottom