What do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmckell

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What do you wear under your wetsuit when diving?

I have tried wearing a swimsuit but I don't like the way it bunches up. I have gone commando but I can't just change anywhere when I do that.

Have anyone tried Under Armor compression underwear?

What do you wear?

Speedos don’t bunch up, since there isn’t much material there to bunch. Commando can cause some really unpleasant abrasion issues. Personal experience and Navy studies indicates that the insulation qualities of a really good fitting wetsuit are compromised by wearing any fabric under it, including suit lining.

When the suit does not fit perfectly is when wearing something under it to reduce water circulation and abrasion is useful. Unfortunately, a perfect fit in the crotch is pretty difficult to archive.

Nothing has the best results. When that isn't possible a pair of compression shorts work nicely. Think a boxer brief version of a Speedo.

Well, I wear the standard baggy swim trunks, but I think that bike shorts is an excellent solution for the problem.

Back
Top Bottom