What do you wear under dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl1972

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am anxiously waiting for my new Fusion Tech to be delivered (hopefully this week!) and I had a question about the removeable dryglove rings/gloves I ordered.

First of all, do you put the rings on each time you dive or can you leave them on for a period of time? Next, what do you wear underneath the dry gloves to stay warm?? This might be a silly question, but I just don't know! :idk:

Under my dry gloves, I wear my Burton snowboard glove liners.

Last edited:
Thank you! I appreciate the responses. I'll be diving in 35 - 40 degree water this winter and I'm looking forward to my hands not being numb like they have recently :D

Still hoping to get some insight on the dry rings themselves if anyone has a clue.

I don't know what kind of rings you bought, but I use the Viking rings, which are removable, and I leave them on the suit until I'm going somewhere where I won't want dry gloves. Mine mount on the seals, and you do have to keep an eye on the place where the ring sits, because the seal will eventually fatigue and crack there. (Something which I've temporized quite successfully for . . . well, months, with duct tape :) )

I use thin polarfleece gloves under my dry gloves, the kind they sell at grocery stores for about $6 in the wintertime. They work pretty well, leave me a lot of dexterity, and have some insulating capacity when wet. I have small hands, and outer gloves that would give me more room for a thicker insulating layer end up having such long fingers that my hands become essentially useless, so I put up with having somewhat cold hands in order to be able to use them.

I prefer "Mountain Hardware" glove liners. I have a couple different pair for different water temps. and run times. I also have a pair of "Smartwool" liners which are very thin and very warm that I use from time to time.
Good luck.
K

Hey Divergirl, all of the mentioned items above will work, it is very much a personal preference. As for the rings themselves you can leave them attached to the suit for as long as you like, removing them at your convience if you wish to dive with wet gloves again. You can switch back and forth as much as you like. Hope this helps.
Cheers Doug

Depends on water temps and how long you're going to stay down. I find a glove with Thinsulate and fleece work best for me. You can find many for under $20 a pair.

Here's what I generally use: (look on the page for liners) SI Tech Drygloves | Scuba Center | SI Tech Gloves, Ring Systems, and accessories

Here is what I use when it's really cold: Cabela's: Cabela's 100% Ragg Wool/Thinsulate™ Gloves

I've been using REI fleece gloves forever, but those Cabella's gloves look interesting. Thanks Bill!

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom