What do you wear over your swimsuit on a dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrap a sarong around your chest and tie it in front. You canwear it as a skirt too.This is great during summer time.

How did I miss this? Oh I know! I was on a boat for a week at the time this first came up!

I have several gauzy pull-over-the-head dresses that I slip on over swimwear, and I carry dry swimsuits/undies along with me to change out of between dives if the SI is going to be more than an hour and I don't want to sit around in wet stuff. It's easy enough with two piece suits to take off the wet bottoms once the dress is on and slip the dry ones on. Pop the wet stuff into a plastic bag, and you're good to go. Same method with dry undies for the return van ride. Commando works, too, but then you have to put an icky wet pair of bottoms back on (and they twist/require tugging, which can be rather awkward) for any subsequent dive you do.

This is the best idea!!!!!!!!! Bring a second dry swimsuit. Why did I never think about this. Awesome! Thanks!

my wetsuit lol I don't take it off until i'm off the boat, maybe the fact that is extremely comfortable helps

Columbia Sportswear Freezer II Dress - UPF 50, Sleeveless (For Women). Great to slip into on the boat....I've got 4 of them! Wash and wear great!

image.jpgThis is the dress...comes in several colors!

I wear a rash-guard so I do not have to worry about sunscreen (I'm fair and already had skin cancer twice). I tried to find a pair of boardshorts, but I really hated how they all fit, so I bought a pair of "outdoor" shorts, typically used for camping (I think they are North Face or Patagonia, I can't find them ATM) - they fit more like shorts (rather than a swimsuit, as the boardshorts seemed to fit) and they dry really quickly since they are the same fabric (nylon, I think) as boardshorts. And, they have SPF 30. I love them.

Depends on where I'd be diving. Any place warm, I simply take off my wetsuit and sit around in my swimsuit. Sometimes with the bottom of the wetsuit still on, sometimes not, depending on how cold the air is. But always in the shade since I burn easily!

If it's chilly, I wear a waterproof jacket. I could see taking pants, a sweatshirt, etc. if its really cold but that's extra junk I need to pack which I don't have room for in my dive bag. I also dislike wet clothing so I'd rather sit around in my wet swimsuit than add a t-shirt or shorts.

Back
Top Bottom