What do you use to stop your mask from fogging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There also seems to be a trend with "aged masks".

My old regularly used DGX mask is very fog resistant. Seagold gel lasts for an entire day, spit works great. My rarely used Atomic Venom fogs a little no matter what. My sisters same DGX mask, brand new, fogs often no matter what. New masks, and masks that sit in a closet most of thier life seem to be more fog prone.

I'll never take a new mask on vacation ever again, only my well used ones. Might stock pile a couple extra and break them in.

Seriously though, if I spot any of ya'll "window licking" under water, I'm going to lose my reg and drown.

Everyone has their own way of defogging a mask... I spit in mine cuz 1. it's free and works well 2. there's plenty of it and 3. I never have to share it.

If you find your mask fogging up during a dive, simply peel the mask skirt away from your face juuuuust a tiny bit to let a little bit of water in with the mask facing down. Only need enough water to swish over the lense. Then swirl it around and blow it out. If you do it right, you don't even get your eyes wet.

Toothpaste or flame to remove the manufacturers coating. Then spit. I also ride motorcycles and work in medicine. To stop fogging inside mc helmet or inside surgical face shields, rub inside vigorously with a dryer sheet of any kind. Haven't tried this on a scuba mask yet.

Im a year 12 student doing a Marine and Maritime studies course and one of my Assessments is about Anti-fog.

Im here to ask the community members what different methods you use or have heard of that works as an Anti-fog, i will be choosing a few unique products to see how effective they and if they are better then store bought.

I will leave my results of my Assessment after i have finished my Assessment.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

EDIT: Somethings that were suggested, Potatoes, Kelp, Spit, Dishwashing Liquid

~SeaPrince
JNJ Baby Shampoo--1:6 mixture works like a gem.

Back
Top Bottom