What do you treat your drysuit zipper with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the first stick / stub showed up when I got the drysuit. They're like tribbles, man.

Seriously, I don't ever remember buying one, but I must have the remnants of about half a dozen of them. Maybe I steal them from other divers, maybe people donate them, I dunno.

But they're everywhere. There's one in my desk at work right now. I have no idea how it got there. Maybe they're spore driven airbourne devices.... It's creeped me out for awhile now.

I've been dry since November, and I have 5 years worth of sticks.

Its spooky.

K

Here is the link www.ykkamerica.com
goto contact ykk
goto #2 use feedback form

Thats what i used to contact them and i received an email telling me how to service the zipper and would be mailing me a free sample kit which is the same thing the scuba shops sell.Pretty generous on their part.

So I go out to my drybox to see just how many of these sticks I have...seeing as I've never actually purchased one.

And I come across my DUI Drysuit repair kit. I sort of chuckle, thinking it'd be funny if one was in there...

Sho' Nuff

I'm telling you, they haunt me.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
They're like tribbles, man. But they're everywhere. There's one in my desk at work right now. I have no idea how it got there. Maybe they're spore driven airbourne devices.... It's creeped me out for awhile now.K

Great visual image Ken! Hey, wait a minute...there was only one of you a few minutes ago...now that I open the drawer there are three of you...

Did you happen to check to see if you got one girl stick and one boy stick? Might explain things.

Brian

This isn't a bit, dude. I have no idea where this stuff came from. It just showed up. All of it. All 4 sticks plus the one in my office.

%#^$%#......

2 minutes on the web, here's a link. You'll find it no cheaper than this. You'll pay double in most dive shops:

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/store/product613.html

PM Plasticbuckle if you need additional info - he's the bomb.

K

I use bees wax.

It was supplied with my originaL VIKING 10 years ago.
I continue to use it, even though they now supply parafin (cheaper) wax.

Mike D

ps. You have to be carefull not to get stung collecting it though.

Just kidding

Mo2vation - I always thought people were joking when they said they 'spit out their coffee from laughing out loud.'

Until I read "...spore driven airbourne devices.... It's creeped me out for awhile now."

It's a good thing my coffee was starting to cool down - it got all over my face. Thanks a lot. :D

Back
Top Bottom