what do you think of x-bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't tried them, and I can't tell from the pictures and manual, but is it still dependant on that one pin that's in the connection? Personally, I've switched from straps to bungee because 1) My compass and computer both have two bungees apiece, so if one fails, at least I still have the other for backup and 2) Much easier to put on after my gloves/wetsuit are on. It takes like 2 seconds to slide them onto my wrists and position them.

On a second look, I think that the hinge connection is a single loop of SS, but you still have to strap it on like a regular watch band.

I used similar bands for watches and stuff in the past. You put it on like a watch and then run the end around and over the two SS loop to make a seperate hookup. Work fine, but...

The are difficult to put on and take off with gloves, if you wear stuff on both wrists someone else will have to put the stuff on your second wrist (you can probably do one single handed). eting them off when they are wet can be a pain (particularlly with gloves). I mostly use bungies now. The suunto compass has little nicks in the plastic case to hold 1/16 th bundie cords. Just undo the four screws.

The reason I asked is that I thought it might be easier to have something put on like a watch band when dealing with drysuit rings on your wrists. Otherwise the bungee may be too loose on your wrist in order to get it over the drysuit rings, or else it may snap trying to get it over the drysuit rings.

Back
Top Bottom