• I hate polls... gaaackkkkkphft... ick ick ick

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I am a hypocrite cause I voted #2 also

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I refuse to vote in this poll!

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all love polls

To paraphrase a famous politician "Only a dog knows the proper way to use a poll." :D

Marc

Polls are worthless unless you have a high turnout of votes. The choices have the be specific and the people have to be honest in answering em.

There is just too much room for error. Blah to polls and blah to people who create polls. No KUDOS to Uncle P.

I dont like Pollsters or Teamsters.

Some of the polls are interesting (IMO, anyway). Some provoke interesting discussions. Some are entertaining. Some aren't.

Seems to me you might as well ask the question, 'Who likes posts?' I like the interesting and entertaining ones. I'm not so keen on some of the others. Of course, my idea of interesting and entertaining might be different from yours.

I post polls when I have a topic that lends itself to a poll. Some subjects do, some don't. I try to post polls that Rick will be able to vote on, but sometimes I fail. I am considering adding 'Select this option if you are Rich Murchison' as the final option on all my polls! Sometimes it is easier to gather information through a poll... people are more likely to stay on topic. OTOH, many topics merit more detailed discussion.

I'm familiar with the quote about lies, damned lies and statistics. I keep it in mind.

What's your agenda here, Uncle Pug?

Zept

Voted second & third check boxes...
Rick

Uncle Pug exclaimed...

Why Zept.... you think Uncle has an agenda???

In a word, yes.

In a poll, given the options:

a) UP has an agenda
b) UP does not have an agenda
c) UP may or may not have an agenda
d) Choose this option if you are Rich Murchison

I would vote a).

Yours with a suspicious mind, Zept :)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Okay now go back and vote in the stinking pole! :D

thanks to June who really does have super powers.

:blush: "twernt" nothing

I think there's too many polls. I didn't vote in this one, and don't in many. Some are actually interesting, but not very useful due to the small sample.

Others are just a waste of cyberspace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom