• I hate polls... gaaackkkkkphft... ick ick ick

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I am a hypocrite cause I voted #2 also

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I refuse to vote in this poll!

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

:jester: LOL!!!... That was funny! Hope you didn't open the floodgates with that one.

Scubamax

Bob3 once bubbled...
My best buddy in high school is a 2nd generation, my current GF is also of Polish extraction.

oh, wait...
nevermind.
:D

That's the best answer yet!

including this one....I didn't even vote on this one...Think I will take a poll to tend the ability to take polls....if enough agree.............................................

They still perform a service. That service may be informational or just for humor (and some of them are funny even when that is not the intent).

It's a rare (non-existant?) thread (or poll) that can stay on topic and whose purpose is clear to all. Also, some polls have a lot of staying power because new members join the board daily.

For example, FloridaSpork said:
No offense to anyone, but the types I find useless, for me personally anyway, are the ones asking things such as your certifying agency (it's the instructor that matters)

I started the "certifying agency poll" (and no offense is taken). FloridaSpork's comment shows that he read something into the poll that was not intended. The poll has nothing to do with which agency is better; however, it does provide some imperfect data on whether the board membership reflects the statistics provided by the certifying agencies in regard to the percentage of divers that they certify. As an unanticipated, but direct result of the poll, I also learned more about specialty and advanced certifying agencies than than I would have ever expected.

There are silly polls and polls that are of interest to only a small percentage of the board, but polls are no different than any other silly or special interest thread on this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom