What do you think about diving user fees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

interesting that no one has made a comment about the OP's user name... "God Moron"???

@ Pakman

God Moron means "Good Morning" in Swedish but I thought something like that has to come :) I just wanted to thank all of you for you comments and i want to use this coments to show the officials what you guys think about it so maybe we can get the fee down.

I thought that the general reply is gonna get mad about the outragous fees for Camaras and I agree that's why i asked. I also agree that a small userfee is ok if it's spend in the right way. (But if not and how to check on that????)

Thanks anyway and let's see what's happening. Today i found out that they might go down with the prices but we dont know yet how much....

I keep you updated......God Moron (Good Morning)

the rates are too much... i wouldn't mind paying a daily pass rate, 3$ is ok for that (kinda like anilao)... but what if i'm a noob with a kodak disposable u/w camera? 10$ for that?!?!?!

i can tell you where the mayor can stick that disposable when i'm done with the frookin' 27 shots on it

Jag

Just for comparison - If you visit Fernando de Noronha (Brazil) you pay 15USD per day as a preservation tax, just to set foot on the island. You pay this via Internet before you go or at the airport when you arrive. This tax goes up on a sliding scale to discourage longer stays. By the 30th day it rises to around 35USD/day. If you stay for longer than planned you pay the difference as you leave.
Then the dive operators levy an additional diving tax of 5USD/day when you book your dives.
Both taxes go to the state government.

miketsp:
Just for comparison - If you visit Fernando de Noronha (Brazil) you pay 15USD per day as a preservation tax, just to set foot on the island. You pay this via Internet before you go or at the airport when you arrive. This tax goes up on a sliding scale to discourage longer stays. By the 30th day it rises to around 35USD/day. If you stay for longer than planned you pay the difference as you leave.
Then the dive operators levy an additional diving tax of 5USD/day when you book your dives.
Both taxes go to the state government.

perfectly acceptable in my opinion as long as it goes to where it is suppose to go, not to someone's personal bank account to buy the latest SUV..

Its a good thing if the money goes to site preservation . We have always payed a park fee up here to dive Tobermory (inside the park ) its about 20 bucks for the year
I think thats fair.

NorthernShrinkage:
Its a good thing if the money goes to site preservation . We have always payed a park fee up here to dive Tobermory (inside the park ) its about 20 bucks for the year
I think thats fair.
would you pay 3 times that amount so you could bring your camera?!

Back
Top Bottom