What do you think about diving user fees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

more fees in diving. . . the less local divers. we are not earning dollars and those rates are downright outrageous.

plus this scheme im not sure if it will be effectively implemented really, look at the terminal fee at the domestic airport, last year it was only 100.00, now it's 200 . . talk about doubling the price. . . and was there any change at all? The airport is still crap.

It would be nice, if a user fee does evolve, if they had a "locals" fee so the people who lived there didn't get nailed the out-of-towners rate. I don't have a problem with that at all. Mostly I find that the people who live in an area really do take care of it for the most part and encouraging locals to get out more isn't a bad thing, imho.

err.... In Anilao they charge P100 ($2) as conservation fee. An incedent happened that there were 2 small boats taking tourist for day fishing right on the house reef of a resort! Told the person from the local government to blow his whistle and tell them to move on... He did actually just that and the 2 tiny boats (bangkas) move 10-15meters away!!! Must be just plain st#$%d! Anyways, I suggested another warning but the local gov't guy didn't want to offend the boat operators. HELLO??? What the heck are they charging divers conservation fees for?

they should follow the trend in anilao maybe lessen the diver passes to 100. the idea of divers with cameras for 500 pesos/dive is absurd.

its nothing but a quick way for the scoundrels to make money. graft and corruption is really outrageous and humiliating in this country.

that dauin fee is really absurd, the dauin wreck sits infront of a friend's private beach house and it was he who took the effort to sink a few old buses in front of his property. Now, even he has to pay to dive a wreck that he himself sunk.

If anyone of you gets charged diving in Dauin, demand for a receipt and don't accept just a piece of paper with some note on it. Demand for something official from the government. If they can't produce one don't pay.

pyrodiver:
err.... In Anilao they charge P100 ($2) as conservation fee. An incedent happened that there were 2 small boats taking tourist for day fishing right on the house reef of a resort! Told the person from the local government to blow his whistle and tell them to move on... He did actually just that and the 2 tiny boats (bangkas) move 10-15meters away!!! Must be just plain st#$%d! Anyways, I suggested another warning but the local gov't guy didn't want to offend the boat operators. HELLO??? What the heck are they charging divers conservation fees for?
It's hard to fish when your line keeps getting cut. :eyebrow:

interesting that no one has made a comment about the OP's user name... "God Moron"???

pakman:
but they're not charging $10 per dive for bringing a camera right? I don't recall paying that much... I better check my receipt...:confused:

I think it was 150php for the dive and 300if you have a videocam and 150php if its just a normal camera. In apo island its just 300 to dive the whole day and additional 50php or 100 for the camera.

Axua:
its nothing but a quick way for the scoundrels to make money. graft and corruption is really outrageous and humiliating in this country.

that dauin fee is really absurd, the dauin wreck sits infront of a friend's private beach house and it was he who took the effort to sink a few old buses in front of his property. Now, even he has to pay to dive a wreck that he himself sunk.

If anyone of you gets charged diving in Dauin, demand for a receipt and don't accept just a piece of paper with some note on it. Demand for something official from the government. If they can't produce one don't pay.

True true, i didn't bother diving where those jeeps were cause the fees were the same price as the one on Dauin beach but, they would also charge the local divemasters I was with which is just crazy. To think, those guys were the ones that used to take care of the area and now they have to pay. In addition, its not 150php for the whole day but its 150php per dive????? hehe

I was supposed to bring my el cheapo kodak disposable camera, but to pay additinonal 150php for shots that most probably wont come out great, then forget it.

Back
Top Bottom