What do you thing of this Dive Rite Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of spending most of my tax return on new gear, so I'm now I'm looking at lighing options.

What od you think of this Dive Rite light:

Wreck 1, 10W, 4.6amp gel, w/ C-MR11 head with goodman handle (6 degree I guess?)? I saw one on a Diveriteexpress (w/ full warrantly) for $500. Anyone have one? I'm sure it's not as nice as $1,000 and up units, but, will this thing "blow" away most handlheld battery lights?

In other words I don't want to $500 and then have my buddy's $60 princton tech D battery light be just as birght.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have the Wreck 1 with the 10W HID. Yea, you want the 6 degree bulb (13 is standard I think).

I have the small lighthead with ballast built in. It is not focusable, but with the 6 degree bulb, it works for me.

IMO the more expensive lights are not "better", just different. If you want NiMH battery, Dive Rite has that also, but its more $$$ and you need a different charger than what you get with regular battery.

And yes, IMO its better than a handheld, although you cannot turn it on and off at will like you do with a halogen light.

MD

Its a nice light. See if you can get it with the High Amp battery. It will give you about 5 hours of burn time and cost a lot less than the NIMh battery and charger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom