Question Dive Rite MR11 light revival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BackstageDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an old MR11 light from Dive Rite that no longer works. The battery holds a charge, and the ballast pushes some voltage when I flick the switch, but no light. I think replacing the lamp would be easiest, but the original M10N001 is out of production. There seems to be an upgraded part M10N004, described as "Next Gen SEL Lamp 10W," but it's uprated to 14W and has no protective glass shell. I'm wondering if this would be a bad idea or not. Solarc® M10N004, 14W

The alternative is retrofitting it to LED. I'm good with the DIY electronics part of that, but I don't have access to or expertise with a lathe to machine a new heat sink/mount for the new guts.

Did you try it. I have a similar setup
I did not. I went to Dive Rite to ask about the lamp compatibility, and they offered me 25% off a new light if I trade it in, so I went with that. Sorry I can't help more

FWIW, I have an old Dive Rite MR11 that works just fine. The two battery packs I have are questionable and I am still evaluating them. In addition to the light, I have the charger and two spare HID bulbs. One bulb has a ballast transformer with it. I keep the canister and light head in a Pelican case. If anyone is interested in purchasing this outfit as a primary light or a parts source let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom