Older Dive Rite Can light 20 or 10 watt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got an older Dive Rite can light that I picked up and not sure if it's 10w or 20w. It uses 12volt 2.9 AH sealed lead acid batteries. The MR11 lightbulb says 20w but on the diveriteexpress website it talks about converting it from a 10w HID light to a LED ???? Any ideas or knowledge of these lights? I think it's called a "wreck light" but it has no part/model number on it that I can find. Thanks guys, Bell47

I've got an older Dive Rite can light that I picked up and not sure if it's 10w or 20w. It uses 12volt 2.9 AH sealed lead acid batteries. The MR11 lightbulb says 20w but on the diveriteexpress website it talks about converting it from a 10w HID light to a LED ???? Any ideas or knowledge of these lights? I think it's called a "wreck light" but it has no part/model number on it that I can find. Thanks guys, Bell47

It's a halogen, isn't it? Like 6 inch diameter can right? I got one and I'll see if I can find the manual for it.

I put a 50w halogen in there and it was super bright but uses the battery pretty quick. I think i was using 30w bulbs.

The manual says "Wreck light" at the top, I've got the manual. It is a MR-11 quartz-halogen 20w bulb. So I guess it's a 20w light. Where did you get a 50 watt bulb? I'd like to have one. My confusion comes from the diveritexpress website. Did some of these lights sell with 10W bulbs??? The can is about 4 inches in diameter and about 12 inches tall. It has a rubber covered switch with no guard around it.

The manual says "Wreck light" at the top, I've got the manual. It is a MR-11 quartz-halogen 20w bulb. So I guess it's a 20w light. Where did you get a 50 watt bulb? I'd like to have one. My confusion comes from the diveritexpress website. Did some of these lights sell with 10W bulbs??? The can is about 4 inches in diameter and about 12 inches tall. It has a rubber covered switch with no guard around it.

I got it at home depot I think. A quick search though---MR11 Bulb, 50w

Thanks, I'll try them out!

Some of the wreck canisters with the MR11 heads came with 10W HID lights and lead acid battery packs; that's possibly a source of some of the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom