What do you provide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Don,

Overall, I'm not a big fan of DAN. It's been a while but I recall some big blow-ups of the top guys raking in money and some other political stuff going on.

Has all of that political crap been sorted out?
Oh yeah, the self-serving dictator Peter Bennett is mostly gone anyway. It was expensive, but it was a good exorcism, I think. Such all too often happens with even the best non-profit organizations, and aside from him - DAN has done much good. DAN Founder Retires - Undercurrent, January 2003

Still, it is good for others to offer good competition and I hope to hear more here...?

Posted questions on 24 Dec and still no answer.

Try emailing Yechiel Tamir at Dive Assure and see if he'll elaborate here at S.B.?
He's the President.
Been waiting over a month. Not a good sign.

Been waiting over a month. Not a good sign.
Was an email sent, or are you simply referencing the post? Some of these providers may not like working here on SB...?

Some of these providers may not like working here on SB...?
Not a good sign. Especially since they've established a presence on the Board:
Hi Manatee,
Thanks for the question.
Our programs have several advantages in comparison to other programs.

Advantages if you are a dive traveler:
We offer the only comprehensive dive and travel program available.
DiveAssure’s Diamond program covers non-diving related illness.
DiveAssure’s Diamond program covers accompanying family members for non-diving related injuries.
DiveAssure’s Diamond program offers comprehensive diving equipment coverage for up to $5000.

Another superior feature in all DiveAssure program is primary coverage.
DiveAssure guarantees immediate payment for treatment, regardless of other insurance you may hold.

Please feel free to contact us via this form or our e-mail info.usa@diveassure.com

Not a good sign. Especially since they've established a presence on the Board:
Maybe some didn't ask for it, were invited or encouraged by SB Admin perhaps. I really don't know - a thot. It would seem to be bad for business to leave the forum unattended or unclose...?

Could you recommend them or would you buy yourself at this stage?

Could you recommend them or would you buy yourself at this stage?
Me? I really don't think so. But I can see that they might offer appeal to those who travel more for diving than I do.

If I did change, I'd still pay $29 yr to be a member of DAN.

Both of the threads have been interesting to watch. I had been interested in Dive Assure and checking out what they offered, but after seeing the lack of answering Tal's questions and the canned responses, I think I'll pass.
I do have DAN's preferred plan and will continue with that regardless. I saw a post once by Catherine about Dive Assure being a primary type coverage and wanted to see what they offered. But if this is what to expect, forget it.

:zen:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom