What do you pay for your reg service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found my receipt for last years reg service
$45 each for my mk16/ R380 and my Mk18/G250
$25 for my Air2

All under warranty for scubapro.

I had an out of warranty repair on the Mk16 in February (water got in the first stage) that cost me $60

scubafanatic:
....well, I paid about $ 115.00 parts/labor for an annual on my Atomic B1/T2 a couple of months ago.....and I've got a Mares Ruby in the shop right now for an annual.........labor on that runs $ 45 -- $ 55 for the 1st stage and both 'seconds' , plus add another $ 20 -- $ 25 for parts.

Luckily I've found a few local shops that do excellent work, so while I'm always a little nervous about having anyone work on my 'babies', I've found the good shops I can trust......in the process I've also found a few other shops to avoid............so if you're new at this sort of thing, I'd go ahead and take your reg in now so you can get it back and test it out locally prior to your trip so you still have time to take it back to the shop if anything still isn't 'right'.

...also, most shops will charge you a 'rush' fee in addition to the regular prices, especially if you 'hit' them in summer when they're at their busiest and you need your reg done immediately......I think my Atomic dealer wanted an extra $ 100 to do that........luckily he squeezed me in line behind 3 or 4 other regs and got it done at the 'regular' pricing, no premium charged...........so if you're gonna do it get your reg in line ASAP.

remember, the 'annual' is pretty cheap relative to what's at stake if you reg malfunctions on your trip and ruins your vacation........then you'll get to use a rental reg, or perhaps nothing at all.

Karl

...........picked up my Mares Ruby from it's 'annual' today........totalled $ 98.00 ( $ 45 labor, the rest were parts ) , haven't dove it yet, will probably test dive it at the lake next Sunday so I can be sure both it and my Atomic are ready for my Labor Day weekend Texas Flowers Gardens trip aboard Sea Searcher II.

Karl

sharky60:
Yeah, shop around, I payed over $100 a couple of years ago for both stages of my rig from a shop in Dallas because they were close to my work.

This year I took my rig & my wife's to my local shop in Grand Prairie and my wife needed a battery for her computer as well, all that added up to about what I payed for just my rig over 2 years ago!!!!

so making a few phone calls may be worth the time.

Please tell a guy from Arlington where the Grand Prairie shop is located. Thanks

Furner:
What do you pay for the normal reg service (1 first stage and 2 second stages).
Trying to figure out if I can afford to get my service done before I go on my dives in a few weeks, or if I want to put it off til after.

Last time I brought mine in the price was zero. The reg came with a lifetime warenty and free parts for life and seeing as I bought the reg from that shop they did the anual for free.

the norma price is about $35.00

If it's been a year then get it done no matter what. It needs it at least once a year. That said,
I would want to use a reg locally after it is serviced before going on a trip. plan an easy local
dive on your newly serviced reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom