What do you look for in a boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saintsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
since I am in the market for another boat,thought I would get others ideas.What things do you like dislike about boats that you have owned or seen.The thing I hate about my current boat is the layout of the cockpit area,I just dont have a place for tank racks without partially covering the engine compartment which I dont want to in case of emergency.If I had it to do over again (which I do) I would look for a bigger area around the cover.I love having a molded swim step with a step through transom with a gate instead of stepping over.just a start

Unsinkable. N

Like Ivory Soap - It floats.....

I am looking now and really liking the motor cats for Hawaiian water (big). The 26 ft Glacier Bay would be my idea of the perfect dive boat. Marine I/O's, swimstep ladder option for divers, fish tanks would hold some scuba tanks or you could add racks. The cabin has a queen size bed for overnighters to Maui, Molakai, etc. small flushing potrta potty, nice seating, etc. The cats are very stable if they don't get overloaded and are supposed to be fuel efficient. I want one so bad, I already have the slip.

catherine96821:
I am looking now and really liking the motor cats for Hawaiian water (big). The 26 ft Glacier Bay would be my idea of the perfect dive boat. Marine I/O's, swimstep ladder option for divers, fish tanks would hold some scuba tanks or you could add racks. The cabin has a queen size bed for overnighters to Maui, Molakai, etc. small flushing potrta potty, nice seating, etc. The cats are very stable if they don't get overloaded and are supposed to be fuel efficient. I want one so bad, I already have the slip.

That is impressive you already have the slip! Now THAT is enthusiasm!

--Matt

well, you gotta get in line around here.

My next boat will need more deck space. I would love to have a boat like the Sea Bass in San Pedro. http://www.diveseabass.com/gallery/folder/SeaBassDivers
Lots of space for setting up, benches with room underneath for bags and setups for tanks on the benches. It's like the Lois Ann, the Encore and Great Escape without the bait tanks in the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom