what do you guys use lift bags for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i use a 50lb bag and a spool with 100' of line

mine is primarily for redundant buoyancy in the event my wing fails since a pair of steel tanks are at least mildly negatively buoyant and swimming up with a bag seems a much better option than becoming a permanent fixture at 160'

I use lift bags to recover boats from the bottom. I have also used liftbags to raise pipes when I need to check nuts and bolts. I have used lift bags when laying cable underwater. There are so many uses for lift bags. Lift bags should not be used for lifting divers, there are many other safer methods, I would only use a lift bag on a diver if the diver was dead. Air expands in the bag, and a uncontrolled ascent will usually occur with a lift bag.

We always use a small "liftbag" to raise the anchor at the end of a dive. One it makes the anchorline easier to find, secondly why haul an anchor by hand.

Lift bags used for recreational diving are different than lift bags used in commercial diving and frankly, would be usless in most commercial applications because of their limited lift capacity and light construction.

A bag makes it easier to bring home treasure!

2170066620100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Back
Top Bottom