What do you guys use for a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I use a Omega Seamaster but am thinking of going digital seams more efficent. I'm asking here bc I'm preparing on taking my DIRF in October.

you'll likely end up with a bottom timer, so you might want to start using it now

(i.e. a depth and time gauge in digital format.) most computers have a guage mode.

for a backup watch, i use a digital St. Moritz

Isn't it DIR to have a backup timer (casio G-Shock) along with a bottom timer?

Dive Rite Nitec....basic time and nitrox capabilities & on the lower end of the prices ($400 +)

Kevin

I use one of the Timex Ironman as a backup timing device. Cheap and reliable.

serrada:
I use a Omega Seamaster but am thinking of going digital seams more efficent. I'm asking here bc I'm preparing on taking my DIRF in October.

I have aladin tec in guage mode. second tec is on the way as backup (in guage mode of course). I use a citizen hyper aqualand as backup for now. And I have an Oceanic Atom in my pocket as a dive recorder, but that's gonna get sold here pretty soon as I like the tec's recording ability... So, I am good to go on timers :D

Chris

Right now I'm using a Timex Helix Dive watch on the left wrist and a Versa Pro in gauge mode on the right. But the Timex is only rated to 50m (though I've taken it deeper without problems) and the Versa Pro doesn't show seconds.

What I would like to have is an Aladin Tec 2g on the right (in gauge mode of course) and a Suunto D3, Citizen Aqualand or St. Moritz Dive watch or something like that with a depth gauge, time, seconds and the size of a wrist watch.

that's the exact watch i have as a back up, except i removed the straps and use a bungee loop

i love it

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom