What do you eat and drink to stay warm.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
There are many discussions about thing to do to stay warm both under and above water.

How about discussing warm drinks and foods to keep warm during dives on these cold winter days and colder nights. Nothing feels like a good warm drink or some warm foods when it comes to warming up on a cold day.

I like to drink hot tea, but unfortunately it is a diuretic, so I limit my intake to a few small sips or none at all. I'm planning on trying some warm chicken or vegetable soup or broth. A stew sounds good, but I think it would be too much for my sensitive stomach. Someone told me that hot chocolate would not be good for my stomach either.

So leaving out diuretics like coffee and tea, and of course liquor, what do you guys eat and drink to stay warm? Are these good for sensitive stomachs?

...that is the question here. Hot or cold? There are two sides of the coin...do you see both?

rosebud

O-ring,

Let me see if I got this right?

You are now Shakespeare and Socrates all morphed into one.

And here I was thinking Scubaboard was only about diving!

Good point though, is it better to drink and eat or not to drink and eat? First question first.

We'll leave the "cold one" for later.

Scuba once bubbled...
O-ring,

Let me see if I got this right?

You are now Shakespeare and Socrates all morphed into one.

And here I was thinking Scubaboard was only about diving!

Good point though, is it better to drink and eat or not to drink and eat? First question first.

We'll leave the "cold one" for later.
Scuba, you know I love you...it's not often I match wits with someone and actually wonder who will win...

To answer your question, I drink coffee in the mornings if it is REALLY cold, but not RIGHT before the dive. I usually eat trail mix on the boat and sometimes a sandwich, but I am usually not that hungry. I stick to nuts, fruits, etc. if I can, but will sometimes eat grilled hot dogs (a couple of our local charter boats make them on the SI). Hot cocoa is good too...

hot soups during the surface interval. Personally I don't worry about tea or coffee being diuretics. Hot cocoa is also good during surface intervals.

Of Chili....nothin better than hearty chili, but it doesn't have to be spicy....I just like it that way. Of course soups, and other warm water based foods are great too.

It has become a bit of joke with those I dive with but after diving I like to go to Cracker Barrell and get some Chicken and Dumplins. Nothing like it to warm you right up. UMMM

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
It has become a bit of joke with those I dive with but after diving I like to go to Cracker Barrell and get some Chicken and Dumplins. Nothing like it to warm you right up. UMMM

Chad
Cracker Barrel rules...there are about 4 or so of them between my house and the North Carolina coast. I try to stop at one on every trip and clog up some arteries...their chicken fried steak is to die for and let's not get started on their breakfasts... Bob Evans are right up there too...

Try the dumplins.... UM good.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom